Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management, and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experienced staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
The Medical Claim Status Specialist must have experience working with one or multiple payer sources, such as include Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial insurances. The successful candidate will have effective communication skills and an eagerness to verify the status of each claim after it has been submitted to insurance. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Verifies the status of claims that have been billed to insurance on a timely basis according to the productivity guidelines for Claim Status goals.
· Makes claim inquiries via online portals, telephone, email, etc. and multitasks on accounts when holding over the phone.
· Meets daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the Supervisor to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals.
· Proactively communicates rejections and denials to AR Follow Up and Billing staff with A/R.
· Identifies, documents, and communicates trends in recurring rejections and denials to Supervisor. Recommends process improvements or system edits to eliminate future denials
· Pursues unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow-up timelines
· Comprehensively documents all account activity in an accurate and timely manner for all touches made on any patient account
· 1+ years of experience in a Medical Billing environment preferred.
· High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience.
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
· Successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have strong experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
· Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
· Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
· Occasionally required to stand and walk
· Talk/hear – must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
· Adequate concentration/Memory skills
· Ability to comprehend and understand information
· Ability to take constructive feedback
· Meet project deadlines
· Interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to apply good judgment
· Decision making
· Ability to take direction
Guardian Flight is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.