Guardian Flight is a leading provider of air medical services, management and experience in the air medical industry. Guardian Flight has developed a proven business model that allows our programs to experience success in caring for and transporting patients in rural area hospitals to large tertiary care facilities in metropolitan areas. We utilize the most advanced equipment, quality aircraft, and most importantly, trained and experience staff to accomplish our mission of saving lives and caring for the communities we serve.
The Medical Insurance A/R Follow-up Specialist must have experience working with one or multiple payer sources, such as Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial insurances. The successful candidate will possess a strong attention to detail, have effective communication skills as well as a proven track record of resolving Insurance Denials and collecting on Accounts Receivable. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Billing Office practices, policies and procedures.
Pay will be based on experience, and will be discussed in your interview.
Available schedules are Monday through Friday:
· 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
· 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
· 9:00 AM-5:30 PM
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Complete follow-up of claims on a timely basis according to the productivity guidelines for account follow-up goals
· Meet daily and monthly departmental production goals set forth by the supervisor to ensure that the company is achieving its financial goals
· Review and analyze claim denials in order to perform the appropriate appeals necessary for reimbursement
· Submit appeals with supporting documentation according to the payer-specific denial reasons and procedures
· Proactively work with the supervisor to develop appeal strategies where challenges arise
· Identify, document and communicate trends in recurring denials. Recommend process improvements or system edits to eliminate future denials
· Pursue unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in accordance with department follow-up time lines
· Provide feedback to management regarding any patterns of payer denials or repetitive insurance verification, coding or billing errors that may be encountered during A/R follow-up
· Review system generated work list and aged reports to resolve accounts which have not been paid in the appropriate time frame, based on payer contracts and guidelines
· Review payment denials and discrepancies identified through EOB, remittance advices or payer correspondence and take appropriate action to correct these accounts
· Comprehensively document all account activity in an accurate and timely manner for all touches made ion any patient account
· Make inquiries via telephone, mail and fax or electronically through payer websites or e-mail for follow-up of those unresolved accounts
· Contact patient for additional information when necessary to push the claim through for payment
· Resubmit claims to payers as necessary via electronic, fax or hard copy
· Other duties as assigned
· 1+ years of experience collecting Accounts Receivable from Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid in the medial provider industry
· High school education; prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate will be able to work independently and in a fast paced team environment, have the experience to operate multiple computer applications, have strong experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and perform at a high quality in a high volume setting. Most importantly, he or she must possess the skills to accurately analyze and research complex patient accounts, thus leading to the appropriate actions to resolve the account in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
· Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
· Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
· Occasionally required to stand and walk
· Talk/hear - must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, convey, express oneself, exchange and process information independently
· Adequate concentration/memory skills
· Ability to comprehend and understand information
· Ability to take constructive feedback
· Meet project deadlines
· Interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to apply good judgment
· Decision making
· Ability to take direction
Guardian Flight is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.