When you call Eagle Air Med you are assured of the highest quality care for your patient. Our service is both complete and comprehensive. We understand the demands on your time and your priorities. Because we oversee all phases of the transport process, bed-to-bed, air and ground, you can focus on the patient while we address the logistics of the transport. Strategically located to respond to the needs of the Mid-Western states, we execute thousands of calls per year with the most highly trained professionals. We are fully dedicated to the local healthcare network and understand better than any other air medical provider in the area how to successfully operate a program in such an amazing region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Base Manager is a Flight Nurse or Flight Paramedic that has assumed the additional responsibilities as a manager of multiple bases to coordinate base operations and ensure the accomplishment of organizational activities.
The Base Manager is responsible for safe and efficient regional operations to include:
· Reporting regularly to the Program Director on current trends, problems and activities related to the RoseBud base including the preparation of reports highlighting operation, clinical and marketing activities.
· Meeting frequently and coordinating with flight crews to ensure educational and operational components of patient care are being met.
· Coordinating with personnel to ensure efficient staff and scheduling.
· Ensuring compliance with documentation of incidents in NinthBrain and problem resolution
· Ensuring compliance with CQI and quality care guidelines. Coordinating with the Clinical Care Supervisor on compliance, licenses, certifications and training.
· Assisting the Education Coordinator to ensure staff members remain current in all required licenses, certifications, and training.
· Coordinate with assigned Business Development Specialist to provide quality representation of the company and the services provided within the communities served.
· Coordinate with the Program Director to ensure adequate stock of supplies and equipment.
The position reports to the Program Director. The Base Manager oversees the daily activities of medical staff assigned to their base.
Eagle Air Med operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and all holidays, requiring the incumbent to work rotating or multiple shifts, non-traditional hours, and may require short turnarounds. The incumbent is constantly placed in stressful situations requiring him/her to be aware of the ever-changing situations associated with field work including but not limited to: adverse weather conditions, hazardous material exposure, loud noises, dealing with confused and agitated patients, exposure to unknown diseases and working in a restricted area. The incumbent must be able to walk, stoop, climb, twist, bend, run, sit, squat, kneel, and work in awkward positions when moving patients from all types of locations and within the ambulance/aircraft. Incumbents must also be able to lift patients from the ground into the ambulance/aircraft with minimal assistance.
· Must maintain current flight status as nurse or paramedic
· Previous management experience preferred
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively articulate organizational policies to staff, outside organizations and the community at large
· An understanding and ability to achieve results in a competitive air medical environment with excellent facilitation and consensus-building skills
· Strong leadership, clinical, analytical and organizational skills
· Ability to work with all types of individuals in multiple settings and locations
Guardian Flight is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.