***THIS POSITION WILL OVERSEE THE NORTHERN NEVADA REGION***
The Regional Director is responsible for providing overall strategic direction and management of Global Medical Response business units located / assigned within a specific area or region. The Regional Director must work to meet the financial objectives and support the business goals of his assigned areas and the Region as a whole. Success can be realized by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction, developing/retaining profitable market share, increasing revenue growth internally (same store) and externally (start-ups, mergers and acquisitions) and embracing Global Medical Response’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Takes all necessary management steps to meet profitability goals.
• Management and development of the Operations Managers / Program Directors who in turn oversee the respective employee and customer base.
• Within assigned business units, directs the development of the company financial, business development, fleet, communications center, safety, strategic planning, human resource, clinical, customer relations, operational goals, objectives, policies and procedures. • Collaborates with other department heads (Aviation, Clinical etc.) regarding committees, patient care, personnel policies and procedures etc.
• Participates in the formulation of proposed EBITDA performance expectations within the assigned operating areas. Monitors corporate-approved EBITDA performance and takes immediate, proactive measures to align expenditures, business development strategies, etc to achieve or exceed EBITDA expectations.
• Establishes and implements plans to grow revenues through increased market share, profitable contracting, GMR market alignment and other best practices.
• Develops operating and capital budgets and re-allocates resources on an on-going basis to optimize use of available resources.
• Responsible for coordinating and monitoring overall system performance to ensure highest standards of service, customer satisfaction, and contract compliance.
• Effectively communicates strategy, GMR Strategic Plan, and objectives to employees.
• Networks to build, maintain, and nurtures relationships with the appropriate political and community leaders and participants.
• Foster an environment of teamwork and good communication among associates.
• Work with autonomy to keep management informed of project outcomes.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of current healthcare and EMS industry regulatory issues and changes.
• Attend meetings, client functions and sponsorship activities to enhance the image of GMR (and its operating entities) while strengthening customer relations.
• Participate in relevant local and national associations and organizations.
• Hires and promotes a diverse workforce by monitoring employment decisions for consistency and fairness.
• Acts as a role model for teamwork and collaboration and sets the expectation that employees will work collaboratively.
• Procures and provides resources (e.g., equipment, training, and people) to meet operational needs and support profitable growth and retention objectives.
• Frequent travel required.
• Promotes excellence and quality improvement.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned.
STRESS FACTORS: Frequently: Intense tasks, reading, walking, seeing. Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, sitting. Occasionally: Repetitive tasks, high pressure
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Frequently: Works alone, with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact, inside. Constantly: Works around others, verbal contact with others, inside. Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally: Analyzing, simple math skills, judgment, and decision-making. Frequently: Simple writing. Constantly: Simple reading, clerical
EQUIPMENT USED: Occasionally: Fax, calculator, copy machine, stapler, 3-hole punch, stamping, sharpener, and printers Constantly: Computer, keyboard, telephone
Guardian Flight is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.